September 27, 2008

A kid free morning

Let me preface this by saying that I know how easy I have it, only having one child. The fact that said child is usually very well behaved, is something that doesn't escape me either. That being said, I find myself in a glorious situation this morning. My mom came to take Kayden for the weekend yesterday so Adam and I could have some adult time. Last night we went to a movie(I wont say what it was because A. it was not rated PG-13, a fact I didnt notice until I had counted my 12th F word in the first 5 minutes and 2. was absolutly retarted! ovbiously Adam loved it!). We came home and I told Adam how excited I was to sleep in this morning. To my frusteration I woke up at 6:30 am, wide awake and wondering if it was too early to call my mom and see if Kayden woke up too...
So all morning I have been blog surfing, watching DVR'd shows that I dont watch while Kayden is up and PLANNING on cleaning the house. Next I will head off to the store where I am very excited about parking and heading right into the store and not setting up Kaydens own little camp right there in the cart. Its been nice to not have to make breakfast, change diapers and watch the Little Einsteins over and over.
But you know what? I miss the little guy like crazy and I slept with his blanket last night. Yup, I am that mother!!!

1 comment:

C Mommy said...

You are that mother.... one of the great ones!