March 13, 2009

Kayden the Quilt Stealer

So the first quilt I ever made, Kayden stole. I was kind of flattered. The second quilt I made, Adam steals when he watches TV. I was bound and determined to make a quilt for myself, so I ordered Amy Butler fabric. I got squares from every sample in the Midwest Modern collection:

I got super nice cotton batting and spent a ton of time making sure everything lined up.












This morning, Kayden goes right for it and camps out on the couch. Fine. Ok. I can handle that.

Then comes naptime. Kayden is following me into his room. I turn around to see him climb into bed with MY quilt! Now he has not one, but TWO quilts in his bed for his nap





2 comments:

tammy stailey said...

Way cute quilts! You are so talented! I love blankets too! Kayden is so cute!

Super B said...

He is a smart boy and I tell you what, if you let me near that quilt, I might just steal it myself.
Oh, and where did you purchase your fabric? Did you get small pieces like that or did have to buy like a yard of each one?
Love it!!