March 04, 2009

Recovered...mostly

Kayden is off his meds and I am off the cane... HALLELUJAH!!!!! Recovery came pretty easily since it is like riding a bike. I remembered how to stretch and that putting weight on the ankle ASAP really does help. I should be back on a real bike within a few weeks.
A lot has been going on in the last two weeks! We decided to put our house on the market. We bought it at the height of the housing market and now have seen our equity drop significantly in the last two years. Our first two homes did nothing but increase in value so this is new for us. Combine that with the upheaval in the legal community(tons of pinks slips have been passed out) and we decided that we need to start focusing on living well below our means so we can have plenty saved up for "a rainy day". Our plan is to sell now, rent for 1 year and then buy when the market bottoms out. Wish us luck! We have been de-cluttering, painting and staging since last weekend and this weekend we will focus on working on curb appeal so if you have an urge to paint some trim or dig some holes, stop on by!!!
I also finally broke down and got a new computer. We needed one badly since the video card in my old mac died. I am in the long process of transferring everything over, which seemed like a simple step in the Apple store but now is giving me headaches! But Kayden has found a renewed interest in the iSight:

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Very cute glasses :)

Brie said...

Thanks!!! I've been wearing them alot lately b/c contacts now give me headaches(I think it is the Grave's). I love them!