April 20, 2009

Humble

I've spent most of today reflecting on how blessed I am. Blessed because:
My son makes me laugh every day. He is such a joy, even when he is having a tantrum
Adam has a great job that provides for our family
I get to stay home because Adam worked hard through undergrad and Law school
We have a home that we try hard to make a refuge from the storm
We have an Awesome Family that loves and supports our every move
We have amazing friends who teach us new things, make us laugh and put up with my cooking
We have the Gospel of Jesus Christ in our lives. Knowing that there is a purpose and plan is just amazing, I'm not sure how you function without it.
I KNOW that my family is an eternal family. I KNOW that my role as a mother is the most important thing I am doing right now.
In this age of technology, inspiration is just a click away.
Today, inspiration came to me via this blog. It is the story of Matt Logelin who lost his wife, Liz, right after their daughter was born... as she was getting out of bed to see her daughter for the first time after being born pre-mature. I've been lost in reading his archives all day.
If you need to feel blessed, check it out.

Visit the Liz Logelin Foundation

1 comment:

Princess said...

great post! you are a great example to me!
loves,
princess