
So, we are back. The friday Kayden got sick our regular doctor was on vacation so we saw the other guy in the practice. Kayden was at the point where he was crying everytime we moved him so by the time he took at look at his ears, they were bright red. He gave us some antibiotics but also an order to get some blood drawn because he kept saying that his knees, elbows, hips and shoulders hurt so he wanted to rule out juvenile rheumatoid arthritis. He was so upset about the blood draw that he threw up all over me. Looking back, I hope they cleaned that up really well because if not, there are alot of people wondering how they too got sick.
By the next day he still had a fever(which usually goes down pretty soon after taking his second dose of antibiotics) so we headed to After Hours Pediatrics. Adam loves them and wishes he was 18 so he could go there! They said his ears were fine but swabbed him for the flu. Surprise! He had influenza A(which includes H1N1 aka swine flu). They sent us home with some Tamiflu and a hope that if Adam and I didnt show signs of the flu by Monday, we were in the clear.
Monday morning I woke up feeling pretty crappy. By that afternoon I decided to head to the ER to get tested and hopefuly talk them into giving me some Tamiflu as well. Turns out that I had bronchitis. Now there were two sickies in the house. Thankfully Adam's boss told him to stay home for a few days to make sure he didnt get sick too.So we hung out. Played games, colored, watched movies, took a ton of naps and went through our fair share of gatorade, yogurt, cheeze-its and other junk.
Kayden was our nurse(since the Tamiflu had him up and running around 12 hours after the first dose)


No comments:
Post a Comment