For anyone who followed the blog or saw my facebook updates, for over 18 months the majority of what you saw was "Kayden is sick...AGAIN". Ear infections, throat infections, strep, croup, norvo virus, H1N1 and the like kept us in and out of the doctor's office. Every month he was on antibiotics, probiotics, steroids and confined to the house because I was so afraid that he would pick something up while he was recovering. If someone withing a 2 mile radius had a sniffle, Kayden caught it. I was paranoid and constantly on the alert. I ALWAYS knew where the antibacterial wipes, thermometer, Tylenol and Lactinex(pro biotic) were. It was my sixth sense(that and my odd ability to name every other movie an actor has been in).
In September I had had enough. Even though our doctor at the time wanted to wait, I found a pediatric ENT and started the process of getting Kayden ear tubes. Since most of his infections turned into or started as Ear Infections, we thought this was a good first step. Luckily we found the PERFECT ENT who thought Kayden was a good case. He said to come back after Kayden had one more ear infection.
The next month he had 2 infections in 3 weeks. It was time. On December 4th Kayden finally had tubes put in. It took all of 15 minutes and the only thing that bothered him was waking up without mommy(but the nice nurses made sure he had a popsicle and that made it all ok).
Since then he has only had two tiny colds. No ER or after hours visits, no non routine dr. visits. Just one healthy boy.
The result? A calmer mommy who cannot find the thermometer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment