March 08, 2010

jabber jaw

As Kayden starts to learn more phrases, we see(or hear) more and more of his personality. Some examples:

"You da best mom" after which we have a 'NO, you da best" argument.

"NO PROBLEM!"

If he thinks a prayer is a little to long for him he starts to say "Jesus Christ AMEN" over and over. Unfortunately this is not loud enough for the person saying the.longest.prayer.ever(at the END of Sacrament meeting no less) to hear and take the hint. Seriously, do these people not have kids? Do they not remember what those last few minutes of church are like? It is like playing russian roulette with a hand grenade. You never know when it will go off but it will be ugly!

Speaking of church, Kayden has developed an adverse reaction to dress clothes. When he sees them come out, he takes off. Yesterday I was treated with this:
"I dont wanna get dressed! I dont wanna go to church, it is SO BORING!" BORING. Where in the world did he learn that word? Apparently he is also bored when he sits on the potty. BORED. He has learned the word well enough to CONJUGATE IT!(PS he LOVES nursery, just not Sacrament meeting)

He is also big into narrating everything he does. Yesterday when we brought my nephew home with us after church:
"Thats my mommy's home Tommy. We're HOME Tommy! YAY! We made it!!!" He then proceded to narrate everything that happened on his favorite show.

The best is when he is supposed to be sleeping. He has been quiet for 45 minutes and all of the sudden you hear him having a conversation with his monkey. BOTH SIDES OF IT. We have paused what we are watching on tv quite a few times to hear what he is up to.

I love this age. We spend more of our time laughing than anything else because he is just so funny. I can't wait to hear what he will have to say about his little brother....
LIAM ROBERT

3 comments:

tammy stailey said...

That is so cute! He is adorable! I cannot wait to hear stories of him as a big brother!

Super B said...

Oh man. I am coming up on all that fun stuff too! He is so cute! What a character!

rumplejane said...

That is too funny! I love him :) I'm still out of the "bored" word for now. I hope Skyler NEVER picks it up ... We have enough trouble with the "no Mommy" phrase!