April 14, 2010

Liam the trouble-maker!

As anyone who has asked me how I am feeling knows, this has not been an enjoyable pregnancy AT ALL. From the morning sickness that lasted until 16 weeks to the exhaustion and assorted medical issues I have had has made me realize my body does not like being in the pregnant state. 

I posted this picture last week on my facebook to document my Holter monitor experience.

My OB and Cardiologist were concerned about some shortness of breath and heart palpitations I had been having so they decided to monitor my heart for 24 hours.  As weird as the palpitations were, I was more bothered by the shortness of breath, which would last for 30 minutes and happen 4 or 5 times a day.
The good news is while the study came back with runs of SVT, the rest of the Holter study was clean. Both my doctors feel that my SVT is pregnancy related and not often enough to cause concern. The shortness of breath I was experiencing can be caused by the increased level of Progesterone in my system and is not affecting Liam at all. It just feels like I am not getting enough oxygen but I(we)are. Liam makes sure I know this by jumping up and down every time I come out of an episode! He is determined to be the baby of the family!

While all of this was going on, Kayden and I caught a cold. It was really just a cough with a fever for me but it was nasty. Nasty enough that mine turned into Bronchitis. Needless to say, we are spending this week indoors, which is a perfect time to take another stab at POTTY TRAINING!
Kayden has been refusing to go anywhere near the potty for MONTHS. We finally decided to just take the pull up off and see what happens. Turns out, that was all he needed(nakedness). We are on day three and so far he has not had a single accident and has stayed dry through his naps. We still have a long way to go but I am so proud of my big boy! Just know that when you come to our house, you will be met at the door with a little man who has no concept of social decency!

So hopefully things will be back to normal next week. I am 24 weeks on Monday and I am really looking forward to using my nesting energy toward some projects around the house and for little Liam.!

2 comments:

see see some said...

i'm sending you healing thoughts and prayers~i hope you and your little e continues to thrive and hope that you have much peace and comfort!

ps~~don't pay for any ipod apps that give you a direct line to god~i think the person on the line is not who is advertised *wink*

rumplejane said...

Wow ... those are a lot of cords! I don't know how you keep up with the things you do!