July 23, 2010

The Amnio that wasn't

This morning, after trying to get labor started on its own and failing, Adam and I went to the hospital for my amniocentesis. Mom met us there after driving for HOURS last night to get into town after her dive trip. We met with the Fetal Medicine doc who would be doing the procedure only to find out that NOW Liam is measuring closer to 7lbs 2oz. We knew that ultrasounds are spotty at best when determining fetal weight but what we didnt know is that if he was measuring more 'normal' that they would not do the amnio.
So thankfully the Doc decided against the amnio. We are sticking with an induction date of the 3rd but my OB thinks I will go on my own before then. So I will be walking a ton and doing a couple of other things to get this labor kick started.
Wish us luck!

No comments: