September 17, 2010

Liam's Blessing

On Sunday many members of our family made the trek from Tampa to Orlando
to attend Liam's blessing. We are so thankful they took the time to come!

I was determined to remember everything Adam said during the blessing so I could write it down later in my journal. So there I was intently listening when all of the sudden Adam abruptly ended the blessing. I was so confused until Adam sat back down. He said "I wanted to say so much more but Liam was about to fall!"(When a baby is blessed, the men in the family stand in a circle, each supporting the baby with one hand while the father says the blessing. To keep the baby calm, they lightly bounce them ... I guess the bouncing got out of hand!). As soon as he said that, everything I had remembered flew out of my mind. I guess I will have a different story to tell Liam about his blessing day.

No comments: