July 21, 2008

I know, Im way behind!

My camera has lost itself and I still have not found it. I promise once I do, I will have a TON of pictures to post!!
Heather and her family left on Saturday. It was so nice to have them down for so long. It was almost like they were living here again, so we are very sad that we wont be able to hang out with them for a few months.
Kayden is really going to miss Preston's influence. While Preston was here, Kayden decided this whole walking thing would be a good idea. I think he just wanted to run around with Preston and Jacob(Preston's cousin)!! Whatever it was, Kayden is a very steady walker now. He even pretends to jump, which Preston taught him also!
Kayden has also started to mimic a lot too... thank goodness for that! I was worried about how the kid was ever going to learn to talk because he refused to mimic us! This was all thanks to Preston as well!! I know the boys are going to have a blast when we all take our cruise in a few months.
I also got some interesting news last week. As most of you know I have been fighting to get my baby fat off since Kayden was born. I have been pretty careful about what I eat, was always out walking on the bridge with Kayden, or at the gym. I even went as far to hire a personal trainer for about 12 weeks. After all of that, I still hadn't lost any weight. It was beyond frustrating!! I talked to a few people about it and everyone came to the same conclusion.... GO TO THE DOCTOR! So I did and it turns out I have a thyroid issue. A type of hypothyroidism. We will find out in a few weeks exactly what type and the method of treatment. While I would rather there be nothing wrong with me, I am glad that there might be a solution to my issues. So stay tuned for that. I have quite a lot of testing to go through and it apparently takes a few weeks to get back.... but I cant really complain since everyone says once you get a thyroid issue fixed, the difference is like day and night!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I had hypothyroidism too after Lucy was born. I had cysts? on them that they determined through a biopsy (not pleasant to have a needle in your neck!) weren't cancerous. Yay. Although, two years after they put me on medicine I started to lose a lot of weight really fast and get heart palpatations. That's when I discovered my thyroid had started working again!! Just hang in there, and take the medication!! It helped out a lot!!