June 11, 2010

It's been a tough few days here in the Williams house. The home that we have had our heart set on for over 2 weeks fell through today. Because I am nesting like crazy I had put most of my energy figuring out where things would go, researching the area, getting quotes on things we needed for the new house and getting Kayden excited about his new room. In the end it all came down to not being able to agree on the terms of the lease agreement. Really, the landlord was a jerk and who wants to have a jerk landlord? We finally decided to move on this morning.
Now we are rushing to get into a place in less than two weeks. For a planner like myself and being a neurotic pregnant lady on top of that, this leaves me a little more than stressed out. I know that we wont be homeless. I know that 'things will work out the way they are supposed to'. Logically I know that we will be settled in a new home before Liam comes. Add to all of that packing and finishing up the sale of our own home and we just have one big mess!

Last night we even headed to labor and delivery because I was having contractions. Turns out it was just a UTI. We were home within a few hours with some antibiotics. But like I said, its been a tough couple of days.  Just as I was feeling pretty low and stressed I logged onto facebook. I saw a post with a youtube video about funny moments with President Monson.


I found myself laughing at first. But then I was overtaken with deep feelings of gratitude(Okay, I cried too). The Lord knew what I needed most in that moment. I know that our family will be provided for. I know that we are making the right decision to move to Orlando. I know that this new job will allow for Adam to spend more time with his family and we will have more opportunities to progress as a family. I also know that the adversary is looking for every opportunity to make sure that does not happen. Happiness and spiritual progression are the things the adversary hates the most. I am so grateful for moments like this when we need lifting up and our prayers are answered in what can sometimes be an odd way. I hope this video makes your day like it did mine!

1 comment:

rumplejane said...

I loved that video ... I've showed it to a ton of people already. I get the goosebumps when I hear him talk about his wife and her family. Miss you guys already :(